Mobile Learning / Research
Professionals who work in the international relations, security and defense sectors now operate in an increasingly mobile world. Many of them use tablets or smartphones to access data easily or, in the latter case, to communicate in countries with weak landline infrastructures.
For those professionals who specifically labor in the education and training fields, mobile learning solutions have great potential when it comes to educating and connecting people across all continents, from those who are centrally located to those who operate in remote regions.
The Arab Spring clearly illustrated the inherent power of handheld mobile technology to bring reform-minded people together, to facilitate dialogue and discussions, and to inform the world of real-time developments.
Given the above developments, the ISN is strongly committed to exploring new technologies in order to support:
- peace and security education
- community building
- crowd sourcing
Our key competencies:
- Performing research/conducting studies on new learning technologies and their application/impact
- Evaluating/developing open-source mobile technologies
- Expanding the use of digital reading content to handheld mobile devices
- Developing content for our Mobler Learning Card App, a tool now easily available for iOS (iTunes) and Android (Google play store) users
- Researching and prototyping US-SWISS mobile learning applications
- Performing next-step analyses on “E-Technology 2020,” a study for the Swiss Armed Forces’ e-learning management section
Looking for a partner for your mobile education project? If so, please contact us!